Beautiful, talented singer, songwriter available internationally for special events.
Think of Lauren Hill with a twist of Minnie Ripperton and a cup of Janis Joplin!
Her name means rich in strength which she strives for as an artist. She’s using her music to change people with her own company which provides positive outlets through music and the arts for women and girls to achieve their dreams.
Mahoganee, a South Carolina native is a renowned vocalist, recording artist, songwriter and youth educator-mentor with national credits to her name. With over 20 years of experience in her field, she evolves as a consummate personality. Mahoganee is sought to perform at numerous and reputable corporate, private, civic and community events with audiences of dignitaries and 21st century icons. She has amassed a growing fan base and continually earns respect from her “age-peers” and her “age-seasoned ” audiences. Both groups of supporters appreciate the sultry, earthy, authentic, vocal range spanning more than four octaves, and her commanding acapella stage presence. She has performed for audiences of 20,000 + with music heard in over 24 countries. Mahoganee has shared the stage with artists such as Tony Terry, SOS Band, & Daniel Winans.
- been presented with Proclamation from Prince George’s Maryland County Executive Jack B. Johnson on February 16, 2008 Recognizing Mahoganee and her husband Andre for Musical Accomplishments. The Proclamation Recognized & Proclaimed February 16, 2008 as a day of celebration and recognition of Mahoganee’s 2nd album “Thoughtz of a D.I.V.A..
- self-published 3 albums, the most recent album reached the top 10 of the Indie Charts.
- performed at the Black Heritage Festival on several occasions.
- appeared at the Annual Black Family Reunion of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) in Washington, DC.
- been featured on SoulTrain.com for ARTs and Activism.
- been a guest soloist in Macy’s Homeless Campaign in Washington DC.
- Won Finalist in the Rap/Urban/R&B category of the 2009 Mid-Atlantic SongWriters Association of Washington DC Song Contest
- Official South Carolina Arts Commission Arts in Education Approved Artist in the Field of Music